Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog


Photo: Wow! Check out what someone created out of watermelon..

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 01:01 PM PDT

Found on Twitter...very creative and creepy too...lol

Lol. See what this person tweeted

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 01:00 PM PDT

Why won't she look at you, are you supposed to do that? Lol

Ben Bruce reacts to a court's decision to prevent Stella Oduah from being investigated

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 12:57 PM PDT

Two days ago, news broke that Justice Mohammed Yunusa of a Federal High Court in Lagos has restrained the EFCC, ICPC & others from inviting the former Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, for questioning. Well, it seems the Senator had something to say about it...


More Photos from Tunde Demuren & Tolu Oniru's Introduction Ceremony.

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 12:54 PM PDT

The couple who got engaged in May had their introduction today September 5th. Their friends including Banky W, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu were at the occasion. Continue to see more photos...



Pregnant Kim Kardashian glows in pink

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 12:48 PM PDT

Pregnancy looks good on Kim K , she is really glowing. More photos after the cut..



Photos from Toolz and Tunde Demuren's Introduction

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 12:43 PM PDT

Toolz and her boo Tunde Demuren had their introduction today. She shared some photos on IG. More photos after the cut ...



Caitlyn Jenner goes on her first date with a man (photos)

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 09:14 AM PDT

Well, technically that's her friend so it's not a romantic dinner date. But the 65 year old says he hopes to find love again and isn't sure whether it will be with a woman or a man so he went to dinner with his writer friend Buzz Bissinger to see what it will look like to date a man. More pics after the cut....



Photos: Jeremiah Gyang's daughter's hair is gorgeous!

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 08:52 AM PDT

The singer shared photos of his precious little girl and the hair on her is gorgeous. See more pics after the cut...



Woman arrested for drug trafficking accuses husband of setting her up

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 08:35 AM PDT

A 38 year old mother of three, Rashidat Abdulkarim, who was arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency for attempting to export 2.04kg of cannabis to South Africa has accused her husband of setting her up.

According to The Nation, the dried weed found in her luggage at the cargo section of Nigerian Aviation Handling Company, tested positive for cannabis and was concealed in cartons of seasoning cubes.

Rashidat, who sells female shoes and hand bags said that she is still in deep shock that cannabis was found in the parcel her husband told her to collect from a man which she was supposed to deliver to him when she gets to South Africa
"I am in shock and pained that my husband is behind my problem. My husband sent twenty-eight thousand naira to buy locally made textiles. He also told me that one man will bring food seasoning and herbal medicines to me. I bought the textiles and added it to the seasoning bought by the man. On getting to the airport, drug was found inside the carton of seasoning. I am so sad and disappointed. I struggle to fend for myself and my three children. Even before my husband traveled to South Africa, he left me with the upkeep of the family. I have suffered so much financial neglect. I have never smuggled drugs all my life. He had done the worst. My eldest child is only thirteen years"she said

Rob Kardashian shares another slimmed down photo of himself

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 08:46 AM PDT

This is the second photo the Kardashian recluse will share on his instagram page showing what he looks like now. He's losing the weight gradually returning to social media. Rooting for him!

Are you bold, intelligent, beautiful? If yes, Face of White City 2015 crown is yours

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 08:44 AM PDT

Reasons Why You Should Apply For Face Of White City 2015 1.Fame 2.Opportunities 3.New You 4.Building Self-Confidence 5.The Crown (Worth 1million naira + A Brand New Car). Forms are available for just N4,000. Visit https://www.whitecityonline.org to register

Audition Dates:

BENIN 19th sept 2015 
Venue: Club Novonia, Akioye Avenue

Port Harcourt : 20th sept 2015
Venue: Ediz wine bar, Gra
 Entry closes 18th Sept Midnight 2015
For enquiry and sponsorship call 07038395580
Follow us on instagram: whitecitygroup

Actor Alexx Ekubo buys himself a 2012 Sports Camaro Convertible

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 08:30 AM PDT

With customized number plates 'Actor'. Congrats to him...

Jay Z watches over daughter Blue Ivy, as Beyonce celebrates bday

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 09:05 AM PDT


The rapper and his 3 year old daughter were spotted heading to a restaurant in Philadelphia yesterday as Beyonce celebrated her 34th birthday. Jay Z kept a close eye on his little girl wearing a camouflage print t-shirt, jeans and his trademark Timberland boots.

Boko Haram kills over 50 in Borno market

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 08:21 AM PDT

No fewer than 50 people were killed after Boko Haram members attacked Kirawa village in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno state on ThursdaySeptember 3rd. Eyewitnesses say the sect members brandishing AK 47 and carrying petrol bombs, stormed a market in the village killing as many as 53 people and injuring over 100 others. Houses were set ablaze.

7 year old girl shot by her dad before he turned the gun on himself

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 08:21 AM PDT

Mary Shipstone was shot in the head by her father as she stood on her own doorstep next to her mother, clutching a new violin, after she returned from school in September last year. She was taken to King's College Hospital, London, but later died of her injuries.
 
According to Daily Mirror, her father, Yasser Alromisse, 46, was hidden in the rear of a silver Toyota on the drive by the house, in Northiam, near Rye, East Sussex, when he fired the shot.
 
The car windows were tinted and he had created a blind from bin bags to shield himself. His body was later found in a pool of blood in the rear of the car, where he had shot himself in the head.
 
Lyndsey, Mary's mother who had recently moved into a safe house in the area after domestic violence caused her to separate from her husband because she did not want be traced by Alromisse following the collapse of their marriage, told the inquest the killing was an "act of revenge".
 
"Why did he kill Mary? I don't think I will ever really know that." she said."He wanted to kill himself and for some reason he thought she shouldn't live without him. It was an act of revenge really. It has got to be. If he really loved her, he never would have murdered her. I was the one he hated the most."
 
The court heard he hired private detective Paul Parton in May 2014 to try and track her down but Mr Parton was unable to locate Lyndsey and later withdrew his services because of his concerns over Alromisse's motives.
 
Coroner Alan Craze said it was not clear how Alromisse eventually found the address. He described the murder as a "thoroughly despicable act of violence. It was not in any way spontaneous. It was pre-meditated over a long period of time."
 
Source: Daily Mirror

Photos: Buhari kicks off immunization exercise in Katsina

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 08:11 AM PDT

President Buhari who is currently in Katsina state, kicked off the immunization exercise in the state today September 5th. More photos after the cut..


Adam & Eve - Dining, Living, Giving! - A walk through Eden

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 08:09 AM PDT

Actress and TV presenter Iretiola Doyle writes. Read below...
My work requires a lot of travelling, local and international so I find myself on the route to the airport quite frequently – I can picture all the buildings on Mobolaji Bank Anthony in my minds' eye. Last week I had a meeting in Abuja, as the meeting was going to be quite early I decided to catch a flight the day before. 
My flight was for 4pm but I found myself on the way to the airport by noon wanting to beat traffic.  I had always noticed the beautiful window displays of Adam & Eve, since I had at least three hours before having to check in I thought it might be a good idea to check out the store.

I was in for a pleasant surprise.  I walked to the entrance and a young lady introduced herself as Bisi, my personal shopper (I did not know you could get this service anywhere unless you were a known billionaire) and my journey through wonderland started.

The first room (of what I later realized was a maze) was the décor department – long life plants, consoles, mirrors, sculptures, flower vases – beauty at its best.  Then we walked through the outdoor area – parasols, garden furniture, deck chairs, fountains – now I know what to do with that balcony that seemed like wasted space in my house.

Next came the kitchen – arranged by colors, so I could have chrome, purple, orange, blue,pink or even a mixture.  Utensils I had never seen before – pots that put oil in your cooking a drop at a time; a toaster that could defrost/toast on one side only or even reheat your already made toast, a kettle that could get your water to just a certain temperature at a certain time – perfect for my mint tea which has to be at 80oc to make the perfect cup.  I was in culinary haven.

Up the stairs my personal shopper (still cannot get over that) led the way to a unit for bedrooms – sheets for every size of bed imaginable including round beds.  I got a lecture on thread counts, Egyptian cotton, percale, mattress protectors, memory pillows, how to make a bed properly, proper room lighting –Hmmn! bedroom education.

My PS (Personal Shopper if you don't know what that stands for) went up a gangway and I followed – Dining.  She said "The home is the best place to create memories so the dining is next to the bedroom".  First came the luxury dining area so you can entertain without being ashamed of your crockery – cutlery to serve 3, 5 or 7 course meals, plates, chargers, table cloths, napkins, napkin rings, serving dishes, carving knives, crystal glasses, water/juice jugs (with ice trappers).  Naturally I got advice on how to make my dinner table luxurious.

The everyday dining had the same items – just more suited to daily use.  Thereafter was the beverage area.  Tea-sets, urns, mugs, flasks, cafeteria, tea diffusers, boardroom sets, coffee makers.  Of course there was the bar section – glasses – high ball, tumblers, champagne flutes, brandy snifters, cocktail saucers, wine glasses, beer mugs.  Accessories – wine pourers, champagne buckets, cigar boxes.

After all this, I could set up dinner, high tea or cocktails for royalty – or just choose to entertain like one – I could already see what my PS meant by making memories.

We made our way down the stairs lined with beautiful mirrors and art, time to head for the cash point (or so I thought) but the stairs brought us to a new area. Leather and luggage.Suitcases, shoe boxes, weekenders, briefcases, handbags, clutch bags, man bags in crocodile, ostrich & calf skin – traditionally or vegetable tanned by Pratesi, Chiarugi, Cerrutti 1881, LAPA, Terrida (Italian designers. Ha!)

Bathroom had shower curtains, shelves, rails, bins, bath accessory sets, bath & floor mats, laundry baskets.

Then through to the Children's section with cots, beds, sheets, toys, wallpaper, bags, football memorabilia adorned by their favouriteheros, Superman, Spiderman, Mermaids, Barbie, Cars.

At last, cashpoint with still a lot to tempt me but I was going to ignore all and pay.  I refused to gush over the damask serviettes, initial & zodiac china mugs, key rings, reading glasses.

I brought out my Bank Debit Card and paid for all my items, I needed three staff to get them to my car.  I was pleased with all my purchases.  I was ready to leave, I looked at my time it was 4.15pm, I had missed my flight!  Finally caught a later flight at 6.30pm.

I have been back twice since then, not sure if it is the beauty, quality & design of the products or the education I get each time.

My name is Ireti Doyle, I am an actress, presenter, mother, wife, mother-in-law – I thought I had seen it all until I went into Adam & Eve and realized EDEN– the garden still exists!

Photo of one of the victims of the trailer accident in Ojuelegba

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 07:58 AM PDT

Pictured above is 48 year old Abubakar Sulaiman, a married man of 5 children who was killed after a trailer and it's container fell from Ojuelegba bridge on Wednesday September 2nd. Abubakar who is into bureau de change business at the local wing of the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, was out with two of his colleagues, Kamilu and Umar when the trailer fell and landed on the SUV they were driving in. They all died instantly. Abubakar's wife of 15 years, Zainab who spoke to Punch narrated how she got the news of her husband's death..
 
"I started having a strange feeling from afternoon of that day after calling his mobile phone several times without a response from him," Abubakar's wife, Zainab, told our correspondent in their Agege Lagos home on Friday. "I became restless; my thoughts were on him all the time," she continued. "So, I called one of his friends later that evening to find out if they were together. The friend told me that they were not together and that he had gone out with another of his friends. By the time I called that one too he was not picking so I called one of my brother-in-laws to know if he had heard from my husband. Not satisfied, I started calling the number of his driver, Kamilu. Later a policeman picked the call and asked who I was, I told him and he said I should tell my husband to call the number and speak with them. I told him that my husband was with the driver I wanted to speak with and immediately they cut the call. When I called back they told me to tell an adult male in the family to call the number so they could speak. By the time the news was eventually broken to me, I fainted. I don't know how I survived those moments. Three days without Abubakar has left the once happy home in a shadow of its old self. He promised to have us celebrate our 16-year wedding anniversary on October 24. We were both looking forward to that special day. But death has ended that dream. The children cry every night, asking after their father. Words cannot tell the vacuum we feel in our hearts. Life can never be the same without him," she said
Brother of the deceased, Usman, says the family is saddened by Abubakar's death because they are still mourning the death of the last born of their family who died last year in a road accident when this one now happened.
"I was out of the house for most part of the day and didn't return home until night that Wednesday," he began. "While I was in bathroom, calls kept coming on my phones; I thought they were business calls which I could pick later because I was very tired at that point. But after praying, I decided to check my phone and later called one of my relatives who immediately asked if I had heard what happened. The person said my brother was involved in an accident. By the time we rushed down to Ojuelegba, another person called us that we shouldn't go to the Surulere police station where the matter was being handled but that we should to the Mainland Hospital in Yaba. On getting there, they took us straight to their mortuary, that was when we actually knew that they were dead. There was no way I could relay such message to our mother. We had to keep the news away from his wife and our mother because the two of them are hypertensive; such news would break them down. The news was broken to them the next morning. We had to call our elderly Hausa women to break the news to them and stay with them. Our mother cried uncontrollably at the news because Mukthar's death, our last born, is still fresh in our minds. The three of them in the vehicle at the time of the accident, were heading back home from Apapa where they had gone to transact a business. One of them, Kamilu, used to live here at the family house before getting an apartment of his own recently. He had four children while Umar, the third person in the car with them, has eight children. We are all related," he said.
Source/photo credit: Punch

Singer Monica Ogah stuns in new photos

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 07:43 AM PDT

Monica Ogah, the 2011 winner of the fourth edition of MTN Project Fame West Africa, releases some stunning photos from a recent photo-shoot. See more photos after the cut...



Photos: Tamera Mowry introduces her adorable daughter, Ariah

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 07:29 AM PDT

Two months after she and her husband, Adam Housley welcomed their second child, the 37-year-old actress and The Real co-host shows off her baby girl, Ariah Talea in an exclusive spread with People
 "She's my mini-me. She looks so much like me as a baby, it's scary! She has my eyes and my cheeks-I had the droopy little cheeks." She told People Magazine

Boko Haram member, Kabiru Sokoto sentenced to life imprisonment

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 07:24 AM PDT

Kabiru Sokoto, a member of  Boko Haram sect accused of facilitating bomb attacks on the police headquarters in Sokoto State and some other government organizations in the state between 2007 and 2012 was yesterday September 4th sentenced to life imprisonment by a Abuja based high court.
Presiding judge, Justice Adeniyi Ademola found Kabiru guilty of also having prior knowledge of the bomb attack at St. Theresa's Catholic Church on December 25th 2011. 

Sandra Amen Ogbebor Miss Globe Nigeria launches her NGO

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 07:22 AM PDT

Sandra Amen Ogbebor is the current Miss Globe Nigeria; she represented Nigeria in Albania at the Miss Globe International 2014, She recently launched her foundation Sandra & the Child Foundation which she launched recently on Tuesday, 18th of August 2015. 

Sandra and the child foundation is committed to rallying support for the less privileged children in the society. 

 
Her zeal to serve and impact lives positively has touched the lives of many and has put a smile on the faces of children who seek love, care and support from the society. 

Sandra and the child foundation has not only enjoined the society at large to help improve the standard of living of the under privileged children but the foundation kicked off by visiting some slums nationally and internationally. The recent visit to Makoko was impactful and the children loved and received her warmly. The foundation gave packs of toiletries, health care materials, educational materials and food items. The children who have lacked all these resources were filled with joy and most grateful to the present and presence of Sandra and the foundation crew.

The foundation will officially launch project 3000 on December, 2015. Project 3000 is aimed at rallying support for less privileged children through project 3000 campaign. This project is aimed at sourcing shelter, quality basic education, food, clothing and love for over 3000 under privileged children within the next 5years.


You could make enquiries on Sandra and the child foundation on our website www.sandraandthechildfoundation.org .

Our contact numbers are 08187939736 and 08114547220.
Let us give to the less privileged because God loves a cheerful giver and he will repay.

Photos: The Exodus: Thousands of refugees in Hungary walk from Budapest to Austria

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 07:15 AM PDT

Sad situation happening in the world. See more photos after the cut...



Nollywood actress Nsikan Isaac stuns in new photos

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 07:14 AM PDT

In celebration of her recent nomination for the prestigious 2015 GIAMA Awards, fast rising Nollywood actress Nsikan Isaac has released a series of new breathtaking photos. She was nominated in the category of Best new actress for her role in the movie 'The Banker'. Check out the lovely pics!



Some men expect women to reward them with sex for being nice?

Posted: 05 Sep 2015 07:07 AM PDT

According to this twitter user @kenzienicholee, she let a guy walk her home, told him she wasn't interested in dating him and this is the message he later sent to her. Looks like he threatened her with rape? Abi?

Share :

Facebook Twitter Google+
0 Komentar untuk "Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog"

Back To Top