Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog


Kanye West shares cute photo of his daughter, North in a bathtub

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 01:24 PM PDT

She's so cute!

Man who named his dog Buhari arraigned in court (photos)

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 01:14 PM PDT

40 year old Joachim Chinakwe who named his dog Buhari was today arraigned before a Sango Magistrate Court, Ogun state. He was arrested at Ketere area of Sango Ota on August13th after he was reported by a neighbour for naming his pet dog Buhari.

According to the charge sheet, Joachim who is a trader, was said to have behaved himself in a manner that could cause breach of peace by naming his dog Buhari and parading same at the Hausa section of Ketere market in Sango area.

The charge read in part
"That you, Joachim Iroko 'm' (a.k.a Joe) and another still at large on the13th Day of August, 2016 at about 1730hrs at Ketere area Sango, in the Ota Magisterial District did conduct yourselves in a manner likely to cause breach of peace by writing a name BUHARI on a dog and parading same in the Hausa section of Ketere market Sango Ota and thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under section 249(d) of Criminal Code Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006."
Joachim pleaded not guilty to the charge. He was granted a N50, 000 bail, with two sureties in like sum.

#KandL2016: Pre-wedding photos of Olakunbi Oyelese & Lanre Tomori

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 01:07 PM PDT

Fashion designer Olakunbi Oyelese and her man, Lanre Tomori, will be having their traditional and white wedding this weekend. The couple are already legally married. See another photo after the cut..


 
Photo Credit: 2706 Events/Jide Odukoya Photography

Dramatic moment ISIS would-be child suicide bomber is stripped of his explosives belt by police in Iraq (Photos & Video)

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 01:02 PM PDT

A boy would-be suicide bomber dressed in Barcelona football jersey was apprehended in the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk before he was able to detonate his explosives belt, Iraqi police said Monday.
Local television footage aired on Kurdistan 24 TV shows a group of police officers holding the young boy aged about 12 or 13 in a number 10 Lionel Messi jersey, while two men are seen cutting off a belt of explosives. After they remove the belt, the boy is seen being rushed into a police truck and driven away.
According to Kirkuk police department spokesman Col. Avrasiya Kamil Wai, who spoke to The Associated Press, the boy was apprehended on Sunday night, less than an hour after a suicide bomb attack on a Shiite mosque in the city.
"The boy claimed during interrogation that he had been kidnapped by masked men who put the explosives on him and sent him to the area," said Kirkuk intelligence official Brig. Chato Fadhil Humadi.
The boy was displaced from Islamic State-held city of Mosul, Iraq's second-largest city, by recent military operations in the area. He arrived in Kirkuk a week ago, Humadi added. The boy's name is known to the police.
Kirkuk, an oil rich city in Iraq's north has seen a rise in ethnic tensions following the Islamic State group's blitz across northern and western Iraq in 2014.

More photos and the video below...









Source: AP

Yay! I'm finally expanding...and yes, I'm looking to employ new hands + Pics of my new office...:-)

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 01:08 PM PDT

Y'all know by now that I'm a show-off, so get over it! Lol. So anyway, I'm sure by now a lot of you have heard or read that I'm finally expanding my business. Yes, I am! Blogging will always be my first love but I'm finally ready to expand into other things and take on bigger challenges. For years now, people have been suggesting to me to do more, be more, gave me different ideas of other things to venture into, but I didn't pay attention because I wasn't ready. I like to do things at my own pace & my own time. I'm finally ready! After almost 10 years of blogging, I'm ready for bigger challenges.

So aside Linda Ikeji Blog, which you amazing readers have helped me grow in the last 10 years, (LIB will be 10 in November 2016), I'm creating four new brands under Linda Ikeji Media Ltd. Continue to see all that plus photos of my new office..*wink*



The first is Linda Ikeji TV. I'm creating my own online TV Network. And in my new office, we built a studio where we can shoot some of our programmes. Our TV shows will include reality shows, entertainment/sport programmes, health/food programmes, game shows, talks shows etc...and eventually even a series. Some of our programmes will also air on terrestrial TV.

My aim is to eventually have my own TV channel on cable but we have to create enough content before we venture into that..which is what we will do for the next few months to a year.

The second brand is Linda Ikeji Radio...but not a radio station like many have thought. It's an online radio (at least for now) and at the office, I built a podcast studio where we can operate...and some of our shows will be aired live.

The 3rd brand is Linda Ikeji Music...it's a strictly music website for everything music in Nigeria plus I'm also building a state-of-the-art music studio...

Then there's LIS. Which I hope will be my biggest brand yet. Maybe even bigger than LIB. I will be unveiling that in a week or so, and I will need your massive support with this one.

So, including LIB, I have five brands now to manage...Yay! I'm so excited. This is my dream... this is everything I have ever dreamed my life would be and more and I can't thank God enough for giving me so much grace and showing me kindness. I pray favour into your lives also. I also want you to believe that your dreams can come true. Just keep working and believing!

Having said that, I will be hiring new hands to help me make these dreams a reality and grow bigger.

I'm looking for: a front desk officer/receptionist, TV presenters, editors, producers, cameramen, entertainment/music/crime writers, Radio hosts, sound engineers, HR, Accountant, Administrative staff, customer care, marketers and even drivers as we purchased some company vehicles...

But please do not send me emails with your CVs...I most likely won't read them because of my tight schedule. I will do another post tomorrow or next here to tell you how you can submit your CV or come for an interview with my senior management.

Thanks guys. Meanwhile, below are photos of some part of the Linda Ikeji Media office...

Our TV studios
Our dressing/make-up room

Some of our work stations for staff

My personal lounge as a boss chick...lol

Our VIP Lounge for visitors...

Our waiting room

Our front desk office...biko ignore the water on the floor...lol

Our conference room

Leads to my penthouse office..

Offices for my staff

Our staff cafeteria which also has a kitchen

And my second favourite place after my office/lounge is this place. It's my permanent spot for my Selfmade programme. With this place, I can meet my girls as often as possible. We can do seminars, training, workshops, etc here! It can take about 50 people at a time. So happy.

Thanks to all LIB readers who have been with me for years! This dream came true because you all stood by me through it all. I can't thank you enough!

Love and plenty kisses

Man declared wanted over recent Chibok girls video says he has forgiven the Nigerian Army

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 11:03 AM PDT

Ahmed Bolori who was declared wanted by the Nigerian Army after the recent release of a video showing the missing Chibok girls on August 14th, says he has forgiven the Army for their action. He went to the Army command on Monday August 15th and after investigations, he was asked to go home last week Wednesday. In a new post he shared on his facebook wall‎ this evening, Ahmed says he has forgiven the Army. Read after the cut ...


Good day all, I am here. Sorry for keeping you waiting. Thank you for your concern. I assure you that I will continue my good job of peace building and humanitarian interventions. I can remember very well that I once said 'Nelson Mandela is my brother', and many of you doubted me. To clear that, let me do as my brother Mandela did. He forgave those who (in his own case), arrested and detained him for several years. What followed? Brother Mandela forgot and forgave them. My brother was abused seriously. But because of his good heart of forgiveness and peace loving, that became a stepping stone for him and he became a global leader. Do you know that I am already taking his footsteps? Please listen to what I am about to say 'the Nigerian Army institution belongs to all of us, and nothing/no one will make us go against it as an institution. Of course, the servants who are there might be wrong and even worse. What's next? They will surely retire like Babangida, Gawon, Obasanjo and the rest did: even though they have reached its peak. Some like Ironsi, Abatcha, Murtala and so on died while serving. All of these have not and will not even in future make this institution cease to exist. The saying goes 'soldiers come, soldiers go, Barrack remains'. Amb Ahmed Umar Bolorihas forgiven the Nigerian Army members for all they have done to him. But is at the same time cautioning them to keep to ethics and professionalism. Declaring him wanted was Wrong, very wrong. Do not repeat it again! Anyway, what has happened has happened. Let's learn from our mistakes. There's nothing wrong in learning from your mistakes, you are humans. Having the skills and privilege to shoot or bomb does not make you monsters. When you do the right thing, we will applaud you, when you do the opposite, we will criticize constructively. What has happened will never stop me from loving and demanding for peace. In fact, it's an interesting experience and as well, an inspiration to do more. You declared me wanted because I called on you to utilize Barrister Aisha Wakkil's, (also known as Maman Boko Haram) relationship with her children to assist broker peace between government and them. So that we may enjoy peace. Another one was my media critism suggesting that you should try other alternatives since the military intervention seems to be taking longer time. Although we the bloody civilians (as you call us) appreciate your efforts even though we wish more... Please, always reach me when you need my service for the right thing. I have many ideas (which I shared plentiful of during my meetings with you last week). And I believe the ideas will continue to grow as I grow... And I'll always share it with you for peace to return. Finally, I will like to tell you that 'you know my house, office, you have my numbers, do not declare me wanted again. Invite me, and I will always answer and honor your invitation. Thank you!

Check out this very bizarre wedding photos where couples are packed in vacuum-tight plastic

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 10:54 AM PDT

Japanese photographer, Hal Kawaguchi has taken the art of wedding photography to another level. His method involves packing the couple in a plastic bag, sucking out all the air after which he has just four seconds to snap away before the couple suffocate.

 Despite risking death if anything goes wrong, Hal has been flooded with requests from couples - and even newlyweds - for the odd portraits and wedding pictures.
He uses lube and coolant gel to slide the couples inside the bag and ensure there's no friction with the plastic then sucks out all the air using a vacuum cleaner.
"I decided to vacuum pack couples as a way to show how close and in love they are, Hall explains in an interview with MirrorUk.  
At first I chat with the couples and tell them what will happen. A rehearsal is carried out without going into a bag at first. Then, they climb into the bag. It likes assembling a puzzle. I suck the air out with a vacuum cleaner until there's none left. This gives me four seconds to take the shot. In this extremely limited time I can't release the shutter more than twice. They're never in danger though as I have a rescue body guard on hand at all times.'

The couples have to hold their breath for about ten seconds or more while the process takes place.
Hal's pictures started as an art project but the craze has taken off and he now receives requests for couples who want a set of the extraordinary pictures. Newlyweds have even commissioned him to shoot their wedding pictures.
Speaking on the rationale behind the unusual art, Hal said:
 "Men and women are attracted to each other and they try to become one. This fundamental desire carries an energy that affects everything in the world. I wonder what is the reason we have to make such an effort to become one. Possibly we were all originally one.With my pictures, I try to show this power of love by getting the couples as close together as possible. The less distance there is between them, the stronger the power of love. I think love is the most important thing in the earth. I think that everything positive in the world starts by focusing on love."
More photos and a video showing the making ...



Kendall Jenner covers the October 2016 issue of Vogue Japan

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 10:53 AM PDT

Model and reality TV star Kendall Jenner is the cover star for the October 2016 issue of Vogue Japan. On the cover, she is glammed up with a smokey eye, dark lips and braided pigtails. See more photos from the inside spread after the cut.

Photos: A Local Government Chairman is pictured teaching primary school pupils in Borno state

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 10:53 AM PDT

The Caretaker Chairman of Kaga Local Government Area of Borno State, Comr. Lawan Bukar Wasaram is teaching the pupils at the UBE Primary School Benishiekh. See more photos after the cut.





Photo Credit: Zannah Lawan Ajimi

Barbie-obsessed model stages nude protest outside Russian Parliament building to show her displeasure over a website design

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 10:52 AM PDT

In a bid to register her displeasure over the design of a social media site, Karina Barbie, a 27-year-old Russian model who dresses up like barbie staged a bizarre nearly naked protest outside the Russian parliament's building.

She wanted to show her displeasure with a recent redesign of VKontakte, the Russian equivalent to Facebook and for the occasion, she wore only knickers, high heels and gloves. She also sported stickers on her breasts and bum reading: "Go back to the old design!"

She said she was trying to get the government to put pressure on the social media website to reverse the changes. She explained:
 "I went there naked because I wanted to get their attention on the issue. I think it's terrible that they forced this change on us without asking for the opinion of users. I demand that they change it back!" 

Some citizens supported her cause when a video of her bizarre protest was uploaded on the social media site she was protesting about.

St Petersburg-based VKontakte, also known as VK, claims to be Europe's largest online social networking service.
More photos...




DSS arrest Boko Haram spiritual leader in Kano

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 10:51 AM PDT

The Department of State Security says it has arrested the spiritual leader of an uncovered Boko Haram cell in Kano state. In a statement signed and released by Tony Opuiyo, today August 22nd, the security agency said it has also arrested some kidnapping gang members in Benue, Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom state. Read the statement below...
Following threat messages against some members of the diplomatic corps in Abuja and Lagos, this service responded and subsequently apprehended one Aikhoje Moses, on 19 August 2016, at Azagha by-pass off the Benin-Asaba expressway in Edo state. Before his arrest, Moses had threatened the diplomatic community in Nigeria, particularly the consular-generals of Switzerland and Denmark and their embassies in Nigeria, warning them to leave the country," it said.
"The service also arrested one Mudaisiru Jibrin aka Namakele/Alarama on 17 July, 2016, at Sauna quarters, Yankaba area in Kano. Jibrin was the spiritual leader to a newly uncovered Boko Haram cell in Kano. Preliminary investigation so far conducted revealed that he was also the mastermind of the shooting of some students at Government Secondary School (GSS), Mamudo village near Potiskum, Yobe State, in 2013.
"Similarly, on 8 July, 2016, at Kinkinau area in Unguwar Mu'azu of Kaduna metropolis, the service arrested one Mukhtar Tijani, a notorious Boko Haram fighter and three of his accomplices namely, Isiaku Salihu, Abdullahi Isah and Hindu Isah. The four suspects were apprehended while perfecting arrangements for major coordinated attacks on selected targets and locations in Kaduna state.
"In a related development, on 12 August 2016, at Auchi in Edo state, three members of the Ansaru terrorist group hibernating in Kogi state were apprehended by the service. Usman Abdullahi, Abdulmumuni Sadio and Ahmad Salihu were arrested while making arrangements to launch attacks on some selected targets in Edo and Kogi states, before escaping to join ISIS in Libya.
Following recurring attacks by cattle rustlers in Zamfara state, this service conducted series of operations in collaboration with the military to degrade the criminal network of one 'Buhari General' in the state. Sequel to these operations, this service arrested one Abdullahi Haruna aka Douglas, a bread seller on 13 August, 2016, at Hayin Buba area in Gusau LGA of Zamfara state. Haruna was intercepted while using the cover of his petty business, to monitor security bases and movement of security agents in the state, in a bid to facilitate counter-attacks against security personnel deployed to the state," it said.
"Also, on 12 August, 2016, at Aliero town in Aliero LGA of Kebbi state, one Hussaini Alhaji Sule aka Yellow, was apprehended by the service. His arrest was facilitated by an earlier operation of 29 July, 2016, when one Hafizu Sani, a spy and criminal associate of 'Buhari General', was apprehended by this service. Prior to his arrest, Sani was also spying on the movements of security agents in Zamfara state. Sani, in concert with other elements, has been terrorising local communities in Kaduna, Katsina and Zamfara states respectively, engaging in cattle rustling and kidnap activities.
"Meanwhile, following the spate of gruesome killing and kidnap incidents in Benue state, on 8 August, 2016, the service arrested one Terfa Jirgba and two of his accomplices, namely Terzungee Kwaghaondo and Mathias Aende, at Badagry street off Esther Aka road in Makurdi, Benue state. Jirgba is an active ally and gang member of Terwase Agwaza aka Ghana, a notorious kidnapper who runs a kidnapping and criminal network in Benue state.
"In a follow-up operation, one Terungwa Abur was trailed to Port-Harcourt City in Rivers state. He was eventually picked up on 16August, 2016. Abur is the second in command to Agwaza and a key member of the kidnapping gang of Terwase Agwaza aka Ghana which operates from Benue state. He acts as a courier for the underworld gang and was the negotiator of the N4m ransom paid to the gang for the release of two Indian national staff of Dangote Cement Company, Yander-Gboko, who were kidnapped on 29July, 2016, in Markudi city. He also participated in the killing of one Ortin in Gboko township on 1August, 2016.
"To address the activities of various criminal syndicates that have in recent months terrorised residents of Calabar and parts of Akwa Ibom state, on 15 August, 2016, along Ukpong street in Oron LGA, one Benjamin Emomotemi and his accomplices namely Gabriel Ambrose, Godbless Taliboth Mattias, Blessing Sunday, Simeon Blessing Sunday, Edet Effiong Asanagasi And Rose Williams, were all apprehended by the service tactical team. The suspects were part of a kidnap ring which masterminded the abduction of one Mr Rufus AKV on 31 May, 2016 and Senator Patrick Ani on 6 July, 2016 in Cross River state."

Photos from Fashion Designer Deola Ade Ojo's 50th Birthday Party

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 10:48 AM PDT

Veteran Haute Couture fashion designer/Icon Deola Ade Ojo, better known as 'Deola Sagoe' is 50.. and she celebrated it in style in Lagos over the weekend, with an "Icy Bling" themed birthday party. More photos after the cut.




Photo Credit: Tolani Alli, faraandzara & Denola Grey

Klint da Drunk & wife strike hilarious pose on Chigurl's butt

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 10:50 AM PDT

Comedian, Klint da Drunk and wife Lilien, pictured resting together on the back of fellow comedian/OAP, Chigurl, at an event last night. Klint shared the photo via Instagram and captioned it,
" You don't stop playing cos you get old, you get old cos you stop playing"

Texas judge temporarily blocks Barack Obama administration's transgender bathroom rules

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 10:49 AM PDT

A Texas Federal judge  Reed O'Connor has temporarily stopped Barack Obama's transgender bathroom rules from taking place after the government directed U.S. public schools that transgender students must be allowed to use the bathrooms and locker rooms that align with their chosen gender identity.

Days after president Barack Obama in May ordered that transgender students be allowed to use toilets they feel appeals to their gender, the Justice department sued North Carolina over a state law that requires people to use public bathrooms that correspond with the sex on their birth certificate.


The new Texas court ruling dated Sunday, 21st of August, temporarily stopping Obama's laws from taking effect comes after Texas and 12 other states challenged the Obama directive as unconstitutional during a hearing in Fort Worth last week. It applies to schools nationwide as hundreds of school districts on Monday woke up to news of the order by the U.S. District Judge.
 Texas, Alabama, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Utah and Georgia, and the Republican governors of Maine, Mississippi and Kentucky are the states against the Obama transgender bathroom law.
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, a Republican, immediately cheered the decision.
"This president is attempting to rewrite the laws enacted by the elected representatives of the people, and is threating to take away federal funding from schools to force them to conform," Paxton said. That cannot be allowed to continue, which is why we took action to protect states and school districts."
Source: NYDailyNews

Photos: Governor Shettima pays sensitization visit to IDPs in Bama, charges parents on immunisation, school enrolment

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 10:48 AM PDT

Borno state Governor Hon. Kashim Shettima called on IDPs in Bama to regularly immunise their children against Poliomyelitis because the virus has resurfaced in the state.

The Governor made called on Friday August 19th, while in Bama on a sensitization visit where he assured the people that arrangements were concluded between the Military and the state government to supply polio vaccine to remote areas of the state.


"We are here in Bama to kill so many birds with one stones. You might have had of the embracing polio outbreak in Gwoza and Jere local government areas. It was a disaster waiting to happen. Some of these communities as we have been talking right now are inaccessible. Some parts of Gwoza are inaccessible to all of us and only God knows what is happening behind the hills of Gwoza. We are not offering excuses but we have decided to face the challenges headlong" Shettima explained.
Gov. Shettima also extended his heartfelt gratitude to Alh. Aliko Dangote for all the assistance he has been rendering to the IDPs in the state through his foundation and thanked him for sending clothes, shoes and blankets to 28,000 IDPs in Bama camp.
"It is one thing to be rich, is another thing to be productively rich. Any wealth that will not touch the life of your people to me it is a useless wealth and we have a handful of them even in Borno who are dangerously and stupendously rich but dangerously useless as useless" Shettima stressed.
The Governor also called on the IDPs to enrol their children more particularly the girl-child to school as only that could remove from the shackles of illiteracy, poverty and guarantee their freedom.

The governor also commended Mr. Toby Lanzer the United Nations Assistant Secretary-General and Regional Humanitarian Coordinator for the Sahel, Zouera Youssoufou Managing Director of Dangote Foundation, Alhaji Tijjani Tumsa of the Presidential Initiative for the northeast and Col. Laka of the Nigerian Army for their efforts forwards the plight of the people in the state and said their names would be written in gold in the annals of history.
More photos...









Photos: Abdu Husau polytechnic in Zamfara state shut down over religious crisis

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 10:49 AM PDT

The management of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic,Talata Mafara in Zamfara state have shut down the school due to religious crisis. According to reports, fighting began when a student said to be a Christian, made a blasphemous comment about Prophet Muhammad.

Angry Muslim faithfuls descended on him, beating him and destroying properties within the school premises. Security agencies have been drafted in to maintain law and order while the students in the school premises have been asked to leave the campus immediately.


Usain Bolt kisses another mystery girl in Rio nightclub during birthday celebrations after spending £1,000 on booze (photos)

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 01:19 PM PDT

New photos have emerged of Rio 2016 Olympics hero Usain Bolt kissing a mystery girl in a top nightclub in Brazil on Sunday after photos emerged of him cuddling up to a Brazilian student in bed. This morning we reported how Usain Bolt allegedly spent the night with a Brazilian student, Jady Duarte and how she claimed she didn't know who he was. Read the full story here.
While celebrating his 30th birthday the athlete took to the stage and played hip hop hits before retiring to a VIP area at the club in the Barra de Tijuca suburb of Rio where he was pictured kissing the mystery girl after reportedly spending about £1,000 on alcohol alone.




Meanwhile Usain Bolt already has a girlfriend he's been with for two years Kasi Benett, who is a lawyer and model and lives in Jamaica. He even calls her 'first lady'. See photos of her below

Billionaire daughter Neya Kalu gets engaged. Exclusive photos from the proposal

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 09:42 AM PDT

Billionaire daughter Neya Kalu, former Abia state governor Orji Uzor Kalu's daughter is engaged and LIB has got the exclusive photos from the romantic proposal. Her man of almost a year, Lawyere Iyere, said to be a very successful businessman, proposed to her at a restaurant in London on Saturday Night. The couple recently both finished their masters from University of Buckingham where they met. Big congrats to them. See more photos after the cut...



Club Novonia Unveils “Novonia Privé - A new luxury nightlife concept in Benin-City

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 09:35 AM PDT

The nightlife in Benin City has been largely defined by music only, which has limited the total experience that comes with having fun. Club Novonia overtime has continued to define what true luxury nightlife experience should be.


Being the only club to have successfully hosted the elites of the society every weekend since its inception, Club Novonia will be ushering in a new unique concept which would provide guests a level of luxury and service they truly deserve.

"Novonia Privè will feature state-of-the-art lighting and sounds designed to give guests the best clubbing experience ever all year round. Guests will enjoy not just the great music but also the atmosphere and top notch customer service.


Are you in Benin or visiting Benin anytime soon? Then join us for the official launch party:

Date: Friday 26thAugust, 2016
Venue: Club Novonia, 1. Akioya Avenue, GRA, Benin City.
Time: 10:00 PM
Dress Code: All White

Get all the latest updates and announcements about Novonia Privè by following us on our social media platforms:

Instagram: www.instagram.com/clubnovonia
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NovoniaPrive

Check out this throwback photo of Pasuma and his daughter

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 09:34 AM PDT

Father and daughter pictured leftt when she was born in the early 90s. And they are pictured right in a recent photo. Cute!

Halle Berry steps out with a fine young man...and people are wondering

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 09:33 AM PDT

The 50 year old actress was pictured on a date with fine black man and people are wondering if he's the new man in her life. They attended Adele's concert together. Her last two partners were white men

Chairmanship Aspirant Dayo Israel trains Lagos Mainlanders in Vocational Skills

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 09:12 AM PDT

...as Mamora, Sosan and Opeifa says he is #Nottooyoungtorun 
Dayo Israel, the chairmanship candidate for Lagos Mainland Local Government on Monday, August 15, 2016, flagged off a skills acquisition & mentoring programme for residents of his constituency.
The training opening ceremony took place at Oyingbo in Ebute Metta, Lagos. The three weeks empowerment programme, organised in partnership with A Fresh Start Initiative, GLEEHD Foundation and Double Grace Development Initiative International, is targeted at school leavers, students, artisans, housewives, and unemployed adults who intend to learn to be self-dependent.
The program according to Mr Israel, aims to also promote sustainable livelihood, financial literacy and financial inclusivity as a tool for economic development, particularly in the areas of poverty reduction, employment generation, wealth creation and improving welfare and general standard of living.
Participants are being taught skills in hair dressing, bead making, makeup artistry, interior decoration, computer training, digital marketing, event planning, leather works, fashion design, wire works, chemical works, fish and snail farming, , traditional engagement package, graphic design, photography and video editing.
Speaking on the need for the vocational training, Mr. Israel said that he is not doing this as an electioneering tactics, but rather a continuation of an ongoing endeavour. "Organising training of this nature is what I do on a daily basis. I have been involved in advocacy and development for over 16years since my days at Civil Liberties Organisation (CLO) to UNICEF, Save the Children and GLEEHD Foundation. I have only brought it closer to home so my community can benefit. I started a 6weeks vocational training here over 6years ago. With the rise of cultism, hooliganism and insecurity in the local government, it is important to engage residents especially the youth", he said.
Commenting on the selection criteria for the trainees, Dayo said "the process was an open one for members of the public and not particularly those from Lagos Mainland Local Government. We allowed people pick forms to go for classes they are interested in. Some are still picking theirs presently and the aim is to train 10,000 for a three weeks period".
He believes that the training is key to the economic emancipation of the residents.  "We don't intend to train and dump them. We will teach them branding and how to market their products. They will leave the training well equipped with the needed knowledge and skill to survive on their own. We will expose them. For example, the photography class will attend the world photography week event in Lagos while the cosmetic class will visit leading cosmetic centres and manufacturers in Lagos – this is part of the study visit segment of the program. We want them to be able to commercialise the skills acquired" he added.
He also intends to help them acquire government documentation such as NAFDAC approval for those interested in manufacturing products.
According to Mrs. Josephine Owuye, the President of the Double Grace Development Initiative International, "anyone who takes part in the intensive training will be fully equipped and can make informed decisions on their own based on what they have learnt."
In addition, Dayo announced 9 (nine) $10, 500 (ten thousand five hundred USD) Red Hat Certification scholarship to young people from the Lagos Mainland Local Government Area by the Fresh Start Initiative. Red Hat training courses such as RHCSA, RHCE, etc. have long been considered to be the best certifications in acquiring skills for the open source Linux operating system. Knowledge of operating and managing a Linux system, helps professionals gain an edge over others.
"The young people will be picked from the 9 wards in the Local Government", Dayo revealed.
He has also offered 10 scholarships to young entrepreneurs from the Local Government to attend an Entrepreneurs Masterclass at the Lagos Business School.
The training features a daily inspirational session headlining speakers such as Princess Sarah Sosan OFR, Senator Nimbe Mamora, Dr. Hafsat Abiola, H,E Onari Duke, Hon Kayode Opeife, Nike Ogunlesi, Chioma Chukwuka and more.
Speaking at the training, Lagos Former Deputy Governor Princess Sarah Sosan said Mainland was lucky to have produced a Youth like Dayo Israel, while Senator Mamora challenged the participant to use their gift to transform their destiny. On the other hand, Comrade Kayode Opeifa challenged the Youth to rise up and build the future, saying "with Youth like Dayo Israel, Nigeria's future is safe.
Asked how his campaign is funded, He said, "Personally and through the support of friends and loved ones and most importantly divine provision. I already created a gofundme account on www.gofundme.com/dayoisrael to promote the cause."
Dayo was born into the Abdulai Family in Olowogbowo (Agbole Baba Eleran/Baba Dudu) and the Banire Family in Ibita Ofin Lagos Island. His manifesto can be read on www.mainland.dayoisrael.com 
More photos...

 
























We regret giving our votes, we regret it- Chibok community members say as they staged protest in Abuja

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 09:11 AM PDT

Chairman of the Chibok Community in Borno state, Hosea Tsambido has said he and other members of the Chibok community regret giving out their votes during the 2015 general election.

Tsambido, who spoke during the Bring Back Our Girls march to Aso Rock this morning, said no government official has reached out to them since the new video showing their abducted daughters was released by Boko Haram members on Sunday August 14th.


"They tell us that our girls seen in the latest video was merely an arrangement. No one has spoken to the family of any of the Chibok girls since the last video was released, by the terrorists. We regret our votes. We regret it. We were promised that the president would visit Sambisa, after becoming president. We were also told that within two weeks our girls would be rescued. But over one year now, there is no tangible statement about our girls. The presidency has stated instead that it is confused"he said

Did Meek Mill send goons to attack Drake? Looks like he may have (watch)

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 09:11 AM PDT

Yesterday, Meek Mill shared and quickly deleted a post on his instagram where he kinda admitted he sent thugs to harass Drake. So here's what happened. Drake performed in Philly over the weekend as part of his Summer 16 tour and he performed his legendary diss track 'Back 2 Back' where he called out Meek, telling him 'You did this to yo Motherf***ing self.'

Well, here's the thing, Meek Mill runs the streets in Philadelphia and after Drake's performance, Meek's goons mobilized and went backstage to look for Drake. Unfortunately, the attempted attack didn't happen because of Drake's security but it looks they were scared enough to stay back stage for some time before leaving. Watch a video shared on IG after the cut...


Photos: Fmr Head of State, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar visits Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah's games village

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 08:56 AM PDT

Former Head of State of Nigeria, General Abdulsalami Abubakar, on Sunday visited Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah's Games Village, located in Nnewi, Anambra state. Described as an official Project Inspection Tour, Gen. Abubakar visited the Games Village, Industrial Park, Residential Complex and also the Women & Youth Development Centre. See more photos after the cut...



Share :

Facebook Twitter Google+
0 Komentar untuk "Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog"

Back To Top